k

Thursday, October 21, 2010

All he needs is love

Mickey has done amazing since his surgery on Monday. He has actually surprised us all in his fight to live. I look forward to mornings with Mickey, his kennel is always the first stop and he knows it too. Usually I can hear him howling as soon as I walk through the door, and he doesn't stop until he hears the door open. There he stands impatiently waiting for me to get his leash and let him out, this big black eyes looking at me, glad that I've come for him. Mickey bounds out of the kennel with such delight, much like a kid in a candy shop.

Mickey has been able to show me that there is hope, and there's reward in being optimistic. I look at him and know that somehow he survived against all odds, somehow he found the strength inside himself to keep going even though he was cold, tired, and oh so hungry. In the end it all paid off, determination led him to us.

I guess you could say we are attached, how could we not be?

"Can this be my chair?"

No comments:

Post a Comment