k

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's cooling off...time to get out and PLAY!!!


Having fun at the dog park in Hixson

   

       Nothing like an afternoon of running at the dog park on a cool day. For Mickey it's not often that he gets to get out and run around like a fool, so he really let loose! He played with an array of pooches including a hound mix just about his size. He is still learning not to crowd the gate when new friends are coming in, but he can barely contain his excitement sometimes.



  It's been quite a week for Mickey, he really enjoyed Halloween and next year says he wants to go dressed as a dragon! He's gaining weight on a daily basis we are up to a whopping 106lbs with more to go. We won't be able to wrestle with him and WIN much longer.
  The census around the clinic is that Mickey is most definatley spoiled, he has his two moms to thank for that. While he is treated like a big baby we are trying to instil some manners and teach him that those giant feet of his hurt when slapped in the face, or groin. He does get plenty of love and attention, in fact the love is a part of his daily medication list (which by the way has finally been reduced to just his vitamins) something Mickey and I are both happy about, nothing like forcing pills down a Great Dane and having slobber up to your elbows afterward....YUCK!


Mickey and his new friend Lucas

  I truly beleive Mickey is enjoying his new life to see him walk through the clinic as if he owns the place brings a smile to my heart. In fact he walks around my house with the same attitude. He has claimed the overstuffed chair, taught us to open the door upon command, and has even trained the cats to move over and let him look out the window too. He has even become my alarm clock, not allowing me to sleep past 6am on my days off. Not that I can complain I managed to clean most of the upstairs all before 9 this morning. I love having him here but am happy in knowing that tomorrow he goes back to the clinic :)
  Speaking of tomorrow, it will be a big day for Mickey. We have decided it is past time to take care of his tail. It has been kept bandaged since Mickey's rescue due to an open woud at the tip we could not get to heal. Along with the wound we have discovered just how dangerous that tail can be....many of us have bruises and one or two possible black eyes. So tomorrow Mickey will have a portion of his tail amputated. Wish him luck and I promise to update (as long as my internet allows me to).

No comments:

Post a Comment